Home » Support » 3D Printing » Minimum printable hole size in sandstone excluding escape holes ?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Minimum printable hole size in sandstone excluding escape holes ? [message #66292] Wed, 17 April 2013 21:25 UTC Go to next message
avatar JohnHoworth1971  is currently offline JohnHoworth1971
Go to my shop
Hi, i was just wondering what would be the minumum printable hole size allowed in full colour sandstone that wolud be printable excluding the escape holes ?...say if i made a couple of 3mm holes to thread something like a piece of string through to make a pendant ?...
Re: Minimum printable hole size in sandstone excluding escape holes ? [message #66311 is a reply to message #66292 ] Thu, 18 April 2013 01:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar UniverseBecoming  is currently offline UniverseBecoming
Go to my shop
0.9 mm. This is the minimum clearance required before parts start to fuse together so it would apply to holes as well, I would infer.

You can go as narrow as 0.4 mm for engravings, but that only allows for 0.4 mm deep.

I prefer to know nothing about everything rather than everything about nothing.  

James
Re: Minimum printable hole size in sandstone excluding escape holes ? [message #66321 is a reply to message #66311 ] Thu, 18 April 2013 07:33 UTC Go to previous message
avatar JohnHoworth1971  is currently offline JohnHoworth1971
Go to my shop
Thanks for the info...

Previous Topic:US and CE Market standards
Next Topic:printed ceramics - microwave and dishwasher safe?