Home » Support » 3D Design » Printing Columns
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Printing Columns [message #65703] Sun, 07 April 2013 22:38 UTC Go to next message
avatar waltonscott  is currently offline waltonscott
Go to all my models
Is there any trick to printing columns (for example, a window pane)? All of the columns are square and 2.5 mm + in thickness, but when I print the model, it prints a very frail, spiral column.

Any thoughts would be great

Thanks
Re: Printing Columns [message #65711 is a reply to message #65703 ] Mon, 08 April 2013 06:24 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
When you say 'window pane' that implies to me the actual glass, but then you talk about columns...

The more info you can give the better, really:
- what material are you printing in?
- what software are you using?
- any images you can share? Links to your model on SW? Files?
Re: Printing Columns [message #65823 is a reply to message #65711 ] Tue, 09 April 2013 15:29 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar waltonscott  is currently offline waltonscott
Go to all my models
Ah yes - I meant window Frame, not pane

Printing PLA

Using Skeinforge (50) with Replicator G. Tried infill between 30-100%, printing at 0.27 mm, 230 C, upgraded the extruder (spring and bearing), print rate of 88 mm/s (with 0.3 ratio for base and perimeter layers).

Re: Printing Columns [message #65828 is a reply to message #65823 ] Tue, 09 April 2013 15:58 UTC Go to previous message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Sorry, can't help. I use Shapeways services and they use sintering printers.

Have you tried a specific forum for your printer?

Previous Topic:My hole is filled by Shapeways, but in blender the hole is closed
Next Topic:مرحبا بالجميع

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.