groups or new shop or multiple file upload?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by universaljointNU, Apr 3, 2013.

1. hi all. returning user here /slowly/ (ve-eee-eery slowly) getting my models and my shop together. love the new look of the site.

can anyone help me with an overview of whether there is an ability to /group/ models together in some way or whether it is permissible to open a new shop or to /rename/ a shop?

i am in the position of having a group of 23 models that go /together/ and which don't really fit with some of the other models i want to upload and at the same time i /have/ uploaded these along with text and imagery etcetera. i would now like to finalize my uploads but some of the new models (and some of the already uploaded models) don't really go with this /group/ of 23. so while i WILL want to upload other models that /will/ in some way relate to the existing 23 models there are 3 that are up that have no relation to these 23.

since i /really/ don't want to upload these 23 models again i would like to keep them where they are as it will take a lot of time redoing all this. at the same time i would really like to put more models up and /some/ of these will go with the 23 in /some/ way (though they wouldn't really be /grouped/ with these existing 23) and some will totally not belong with the other models that are on the site at all.

so - i am wondering if i can rename the existing site to something else and just leave these where they are and open a new shop or whether i can /group/ them somehow under the existing shop or what my options are here or how other folks in a similar situation handled this. should i just upload everything and let the user sort out what is what? this seems not ideal.

ALSO! with respect to these 23 models - i have "full size" /unshelled/ files that are uber expensive and i want to now /both/ upload 1/3rd size solid models and SHELLED full size models so the viewer has an option to purchase either full size solid, 1/3rd size solid OR full size shelled. are there an options for something like this? i mean, since the 23 models are /documented/ and since i don't want to redo all of this - can the new models piggyback in some way by linking or some other tricky method...?

TIA

jon

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    You can rename your shop here
    And you can group your items using API. Read more about that here.