Blown QR

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by clsn, Mar 24, 2013.

1. clsn
    clsn Well-Known Member
    So a week or two ago I got my order, including an item which was supposed to have a QR code embossed on it (to be colored in later). But the code isn't right: see attached picture. Note the "target" squares on the right, supposed to be squares within squares (as they are elsewhere) but instead have other stuff inside. And other imperfections in other places... In more careful inspection, it looks like these errors are there even on the 3D rendering provided in the Shapeways shop... but they aren't in my original! Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Just the usual advice: download a free copy of netfabb studio basic (and/or meshlab, depending on which file format you used)
    and check your file with it - most likely there were coincident surfaces, or faces with wrongly oriented normals, and the shapeways
    software took the wrong cues from the conflicting data you provided.

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    mkroeker, gives good advice. And what you see in the render is what you will get as the render is made after auto cleaning the file. If you have any further questions, feel free to email Service.

4. clsn
    clsn Well-Known Member
    Indeed, netfabb is something I need to look into now; I can see some problems using it. And looking at the Shapeways render would help too. Blender, why oh why dost thou deceive me so? Thanks for the tip!

5. bartv
    bartv Member