Part for Senseo coffee maker

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 331884_deleted, Mar 23, 2013.

1. My wife's favorite coffee machine is not working due to a plastic part being broken. Can't find the part anywhere. Is there someone out there that could print this part? I have all the pieces, so there is a model to work from.
    Coffee in the morning, delicious, a happy spouse: priceless.
    IMGP6804.JPG

2. Dotsan
    Dotsan Well-Known Member
    Hi, what's the function of the part and how strong should it be?
    Cheers
    Vijay

3. It slides a locking mechanism for the pod into place which also keeps the lid on during brewing. I guess as strong as a standard plastic part.....
    Oh, and the size is about 3" long.

4. CADNinja
    CADNinja Well-Known Member
    Private message sent

5. Was able to repair this with superglue, and then epoxy, hopefully it will last.

6. Phxman
    Phxman Member
    This is a large part, it would be more economic to buy a new machine.
    They have a recall, so hopefully you get the revised model.

7. UniverseBecoming
    UniverseBecoming Well-Known Member
    Yeah you might be able to buy a new unit for the price of the 3D printing. What I usually do when a plastic part like this breaks is I CA glue it together then I drill one or two holes perpendicular to the break and glue in a steel pin or pins. This makes the part much stronger than originally designed.

Good cases for 3D printing spare parts are where the item is very expensive to replace and no replacement parts are available. I have a Ney vacuum furnace that needs a part. It would be thousands of US dollars to get a comparable furnace and they no longer make parts for it. I could make the part with CNC machining, but it would actually be more economical time wise for me to just model it up in 3D and then order it in Shapeways stainless steel. Plus, I'm lazy! :D I'm too lazy to mess with my CNC mill for that. I'd rather just do a few mouse clicks and wait for it to come in the mail. :p