Home » Community » Work in progress » When dual materials become a reality...
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
When dual materials become a reality... [message #64697] Sat, 23 March 2013 01:57 UTC Go to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
This is what I would love to be able to do one day.... gold encased in silver...

Glenn

index.php?t=getfile&id=29548&private=0

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: When dual materials become a reality... [message #64702 is a reply to message #64697 ] Sat, 23 March 2013 07:54 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Ray716  is currently offline Ray716
Go to my shop
I like the design... Although it "can" be done now with electroplating or with soldering... But I know what you mean!!! Being able to print over other objects would be Amazing!

Ray

www.RayTomlinDesigns.com
Re: When dual materials become a reality... [message #64709 is a reply to message #64697 ] Sat, 23 March 2013 12:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar BillBedford  is currently offline BillBedford
Go to my shop
Why not just cast it in silver, gold plate it and polish of the plating where you want the silver to show?

'Cors if you really wanted to show off, you would chaise the patterns.

[Updated on: Sat, 23 March 2013 12:55 UTC]

Bill Bedford
Re: When dual materials become a reality... [message #64710 is a reply to message #64709 ] Sat, 23 March 2013 13:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Thanks, guys... Yes, I know something like this CAN be done by other means, but that's the whole point of 3D Printing, isn't it? - Bill, imagine doing all that casting and plating. Some would say that 3D Printing removes the craft from craftsmanship but in reality it enables many without the fine hand skills of creation to produce beautiful items of jewellery and art. I still use my hands to create but 3DP has enabled me to make much more than I would otherwise.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery

Previous Topic:iphone case
Next Topic:DiaLFonZo V-Tail 400 Quadcopter Canopy By InnerbreedFX

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.