Modeller for Napoleonic Miniatures

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 251186_deleted, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Is there anyone who would be interested in modelling ~4cm/~1.75in miniature soldiers of the Napoleonic or Pre-Napoleonic Eras?

They are to be printed in stainless-steel/bronze-plated.

2. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Whilst I'm not a figure modeller, before you get to far along the way, there's a few reasons that I can give that the figures printed in Shapeways stainless steel (+variants) might not reach your expectations.

The detail is not fine enough, you might come up against issue of thin walls and the texture of the printed stainless is quite irregular, see the Stainless Steel Design Guidelines for more info (the image attached to 'Weave in thicker walls to support thinner walls' was attacked with a Dremel - the untouched print can be seen here)

Paul
    [hr][hr]

3. I'd like to iterate that I'm not jooking for amazing amounts detail. They are only going to be 4cm in height, and I'm only interested in making these figures in metal. I did research on the metal design guidelines before I decided I wanted to do this.

4. INNERLEAF
    INNERLEAF Well-Known Member
    Hi,
    I have sent a PM as we do a huge amount of character models. An example is attached. If you are dead set on the metals then at 4cm we think its possible to get some quite nice models made. Details will be limited to 1mm but even still it can look very nice.

A.jpg

Hope to hear from you soon.

Team INNER | LEAF