Combinatory Earring Hooks discontinued

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lensman, Feb 18, 2013.

1. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    In December 2012 I received an order of earrings without hooks enclosed in the package. I wrote to Customer Service and this was rectified. Just recently I received another order without hooks. Wrote to CS and got this response:

"Thank you for your email. Last year we ran a trial to add earring hooks to customer orders. This gave you the ability to create earrings and we would add the hooks before shipping it out to your customers. The trial ended and because we had some left over stock, we have been honoring the few models that are still for sale with earring hooks.

Unfortunately we are not offering this service for new models as we do not want to offer this service until we can do it well.

We are investigating a solution for 2013 where we will be able to offer comprehensive stock items like earrings, necklaces, watch parts and more. Until then, I am sorry we can not add hooks to your model.
    "

In point of fact the hooks have been offered almost since Shapeways started up, not just in 2012.

Thinking that I had missed the announcement regarding this I searched the forums using the terms "combinatory earrings" and just "combinatory" and found.... Nothing....

I have to wonder how many earrings have been ordered since Jan 1st that have gone out with the customer expecting hooks.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know in case you are having the same issue I was...

Glenn

2. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    In fact you were in a privileged situation to get any earring hooks added at all. If you were not in on this before a certain time last year (maybe earlier) this option was not available at all.

Try searching on earring hook