Home » Community » It arrived! » Silver Valentine's Forget-Me-Not Flower Heart - Finishng touches
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Silver Valentine's Forget-Me-Not Flower Heart - Finishng touches [message #61889] Tue, 12 February 2013 16:55 UTC Go to next message
avatar MaxiGossamer  is currently offline MaxiGossamer
Go to my shop
I finally got around to oxidising some of the silver jewellery I recently had 3D printed from Shapeways. Here are before and after photos of the results. The oxidisation process really brings out the detail and give it a lovely antique handmade look.

index.php?t=getfile&id=27198&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=27197&private=0

Re: Silver Valentine's Forget-Me-Not Flower Heart - Finishng touches [message #61915 is a reply to message #61889 ] Tue, 12 February 2013 23:31 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Oh, yes, much better, I think.

What programme do you model with?

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Silver Valentine's Forget-Me-Not Flower Heart - Finishng touches [message #62001 is a reply to message #61915 ] Wed, 13 February 2013 23:59 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I start the models in Lightwave3D then move to Zbrush to add all the detail and fun stuff
Re: Silver Valentine's Forget-Me-Not Flower Heart - Finishng touches [message #62003 is a reply to message #61889 ] Thu, 14 February 2013 00:07 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Hhm, pretty similar to me. I start in Rhino and then move to ZBrush.

Glenn

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
Re: Silver Valentine's Forget-Me-Not Flower Heart - Finishng touches [message #62772 is a reply to message #61889 ] Mon, 25 February 2013 19:32 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tjsolo  is currently offline Tjsolo
Go to my shop
What do you use to oxidize them? they look really cool

Tj Solo
Re: Silver Valentine's Forget-Me-Not Flower Heart - Finishng touches [message #62819 is a reply to message #62772 ] Tue, 26 February 2013 12:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
I used Liver of sulphur to oxidise the silver. It's very easy to use. Just add a few drop to some warm water and pop the jewellery in. The longer you leave it the darker it gets and then you have to give it a good polish with a silver polishing cloth. You can buy Liver of Sulphur from Amazon or most jewellery supply stores
Re: Silver Valentine's Forget-Me-Not Flower Heart - Finishng touches [message #62829 is a reply to message #62819 ] Tue, 26 February 2013 18:21 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Tjsolo  is currently offline Tjsolo
Go to my shop
Awesome thanks so much.. this would look cool for one of my skull rings.

Tj Solo
Re: Silver Valentine's Forget-Me-Not Flower Heart - Finishng touches [message #62961 is a reply to message #61889 ] Thu, 28 February 2013 15:26 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar roofoo  is currently offline roofoo
Go to my shop
You mislabeled the after pics. Both say "before".

http://www.eyephoriadesign.com http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eyephoriadesign http://www.etsy.com/shop/eyephoriadesign
Re: Silver Valentine's Forget-Me-Not Flower Heart - Finishng touches [message #63074 is a reply to message #62961 ] Sat, 02 March 2013 00:29 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
ooops indeed I did. Apologies.

Previous Topic:Computer Expansion slot covers (Free to download)
Next Topic:floral locket