Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Need help to model some rings!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Need help to model some rings! [message #61748] Sun, 10 February 2013 20:12 UTC Go to next message
avatar Marrero1  is currently offline Marrero1
Go to all my models
Hi guys,
I am a jewelry designer based in Ireland and Spain.Also a goldsmith.
Never done any modeling. I always do my designs first on wax and then cast then.
I would like to know how to have my designs ( i do then on paper) 3d and ready to print.
Many thanks,

Jess Marrero
Re: Need help to model some rings! [message #61765 is a reply to message #61748 ] Sun, 10 February 2013 23:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Keymaker  is currently offline Keymaker
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
well, find 3d modeling program of your choice (my is blender), learn basic modeling techniques (everything what is needed is on web) and within 1-2 weeks you should be able to model any ring that your hearth (or client) desire.

Or you can cooperate with someone who already know these stuff.

The only thing that limits us is our imagination.
Re: Need help to model some rings! [message #61795 is a reply to message #61765 ] Mon, 11 February 2013 15:22 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Marrero1  is currently offline Marrero1
Go to all my models
Got Blender. Can anyone reccommend a book for a total beginner?
Thanks
Re: Need help to model some rings! [message #61796 is a reply to message #61795 ] Mon, 11 February 2013 15:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar AmLachDesigns  is currently offline AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
These tutorials Blender 3D Design Course by Neal Hirsig of Tufts University are great.

I went through some of them for the 2.5x version and they are clear, well presented and to the point. If you went through them all (as I hope to do at some point) I think you would have a great knowledge of Blender. And even if you only make a start you'll soon be able to create stuff and upload to Shapeways.
Re: Need help to model some rings! [message #61803 is a reply to message #61795 ] Mon, 11 February 2013 16:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Keymaker  is currently offline Keymaker
Go to my shop
Shapeways Crew
dont know about book but i started here http://cgcookie.com/blender/category/getting-started/

and for ring modeling chceck this guy on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/mikhailrachinskiy

The only thing that limits us is our imagination.
Re: Need help to model some rings! [message #62166 is a reply to message #61748 ] Sat, 16 February 2013 03:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar SGDesigns  is currently offline SGDesigns
Go to my shop
Rhino 3d or Zbrush are 2 great programs. Just design whatever you want and make sure you export to .stl or .obj. There are other file formats to export as before you upload to shapeways, but those are the common ones.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Sal G -
My Website
www.sgcustomsilver.com
Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/SGCustomSilver

Previous Topic:3D modeler needed for a jewelry pendant with fine details
Next Topic:A bit off topic Looking for graphic & photoshop designer

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.