Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » PA 2200 Polyamide
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
PA 2200 Polyamide [message #61731] Sun, 10 February 2013 11:58 UTC Go to next message
avatar Anony  is currently offline Anony
Go to my shop
Is White Strong Flexible actually the same as PA 2200 ? If it is then, did you notice that it is FDA approved safety for contact with food except for alcoholic foodstuffs? That's something I read from EOS. Could someone tell me that you found the same or different?
Re: PA 2200 Polyamide [message #61734 is a reply to message #61731 ] Sun, 10 February 2013 13:35 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
This topic seems to come up every few weeks - the problem is not the material as such, but the manufacturing process
which results in a porous structure with an open, uncleanable surface. You will have to find a foodsafe coating
(winery press varnish has been suggested in an earlier thread) or dispose of the parts after use.
Re: PA 2200 Polyamide [message #61751 is a reply to message #61731 ] Sun, 10 February 2013 21:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Anony  is currently offline Anony
Go to my shop
Winery varnish, eh? Where is the thread on coating?
Re: PA 2200 Polyamide [message #61753 is a reply to message #61751 ] Sun, 10 February 2013 21:29 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mkroeker  is currently offline mkroeker
Go to all my models
Shapie Expert
See here. (The forum search will not find it, as the German word Kelterlack was used)

Previous Topic:My Models
Next Topic:Copying All Meta Data from one model to another?

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.