Need 3D model created for a miniature...

Discussion in '3D Design Requests' started by 300368_deleted, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Greetings!

Having just discovered this site last week, I am open for input and ideas for the following...

I am looking for someone to create a 3D model of a design (an illustration) I have. This would be printed at the size of a standard 28mm gaming miniature and or around the size of a Lego Minifigure. I'm really looking to just prototype the miniature for now and then, hopefully, expand upon the design later.

The long term goal is to have 1 base miniature, which would have a variety of arms and heads, these would attach to 1 standard body type:

3 head types
    6 right arms (different accessories)
    3 left arms (1 at the side and 2 for special accessories)

But first step is to create: 1 base miniature, 1 set of arms (left & right) and 1 head (for testing the gluing and or the snapping together).

The design/detail of the miniature is rather simplistic and cartoonish in nature; somewhere between this:

https://www.shapeways.com/model/23814/bowie-the-bunny.html?li =productBox-search

and this:

https://www.shapeways.com/model/528377/zho-dragon-squad.html? li=productBox-search

If that makes sense :)

I am leaning towards this material, but again would be open for suggestions.

Compensation/payment: READ THIS; no money involved at this time
    This may not even take flight, yet I will provide 1 copy (or more) of the finished printed model(s).
    1 copy of the board game, which the miniatures will be used for: this will have card flats for miniatures, so it will be playable version with or without the 3D miniatures
    Referrals and or references (including a LinkedIn recommendation).
    ...and if things get moving with my project (the game) we can negotiate the rest of the items needed and payment from there.

If you are interested in the project, send me your email address via the Private Messages here and or leave a it in this thread. I will pass along more detailed information (via the illustrations) of what I'm wanting to accomplish.

If you made it down here, thanks for reading!

Damon

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  2. TylerJones
    TylerJones Member
    PM sent.

3. Hey Tyler - I replied, but I'm not sure if the message sent or not... if not, drop me your email address :)

4. TylerJones
    TylerJones Member
    I got your PM and just sent my response.

5. Thanks for the replies/PMs!

I believe I have things covered at this point.

6. Hi,
    I am a 3D modeler experienced in modeling for both digital and rapid prototyping.
    I can be reached at andrew.holdun@gmail.com to discuss your project in greater detail.

Thanks,
    Andrew Holdun