How to get featured on front page?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by roofoo, Jan 12, 2013.

1. roofoo
    roofoo Well-Known Member
    I notice that some models stay on the front page for a while, even ones that are very new. Meanwhile I don't think any of my models have ever made it to the front page. Is this a pay-to- feature? Or what's the secret for getting featured? Basically I have a hard time getting views for my models... :cry:

2. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    There's a 'Feature This!' section in the forums, but frankly from what I can tell, practically everyone posts practically everything they make in that section. It would definitely be nice to see if Shapeways has certain criteria or things they look for when selecting Featured models.

Also, with Valentine's Day coming up, it would be great to give Sellers the option to submit Valentine's Day-themed models for consideration. I know for Christmas, the Shapeways staff went through the site themselves and picked the ones they liked, but they might miss some. Perhaps by adding a Valentine's Day tag, the way they did for the Sandy proceeds promotion?

3. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
  4. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Well, I guess keywords are out then :p But it would be nice to have some sort of submission process for Holidays and other events - bettter than the keywords which, as you rightly pointed out, can be extremely buggy and tedious.