Sorry, we were unable to process your uploaded model .....

Discussion in 'Materials' started by 118168_deleted, Nov 19, 2012.

1. I am really fed up, we do have water tight models, size about 48MB, I uploaded 12 of them, about 70% of them stalled and I got this VERY informative message :
    The 3D model B 008 table 1mio you recently uploaded didn't pass all our automated checks, so it's not yet ready for 3D printing.
    Our tutorials and FAQ can be super helpful for more detailed information, or you can always ask the community a specific question on our forum
    If you're stuck or have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out at service@shapeways.com. Please include the file attached to the email, as well as any notes on your design, so we can help you solve your problem as quickly as possible.

It is so wonderful, marvelous and informative, that there is absolutely no hint, WHAT check has not been passed ?
    We are using GeomagicWrap, Meshlab and all those programs do not show any evidence of problems.
    To my gut feel, there ist still a server problem, upload of larger files takes far too long, thus timing out ?
    Any hint what to do, because I do definetely not want to email 12 emails to support, with 48MB files appended to each of those mails.
    It is just frustrating ..... :blush:

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Sorry to hear this. I've emailed some people to see what's going on with getting this fixed.

3. Attach the model in your next post here(hopefully zipped, :)) This would help others to possibly help, besides SW service.

4. unfortunately, due to the confidentiality agreement we signed with our customer, I am not entitled to put this model into a forum.

Meanwhile I got an idea that the size of the model might have caused the problem.
    It is just VERY unfortunate, that your automated message does not state, what the reason for the rejection was.
    Anyway, I will resize and retry .....

5. I resized, ran many integrity tests (netfabb), loaded up about 19 files (48MB/ea.) spent an hour or so, just stupid clicking the "next upload" (why is there no batch upload..?).

Result: about 8 files failed - due to unknown reasons, which makes the designer life really tough. If you know a reason, you might be able to fix it, but SW never tells the rejection reason .. :rolleyes:

6. bartv
    bartv Member