Home » Community » Introductions » Greetings from Canada
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Greetings from Canada [message #56862] Thu, 15 November 2012 02:06 UTC Go to next message
avatar pezhetairoi  is currently offline pezhetairoi
Go to my shop
Hello folks.

I'm an architectural model maker near Ottawa, Canada.
I do a bit of 3D work in house, and thought I might join shapeways as an outlet for some of my hobby ideas. My company has a 3D printer, but I think shapeways may offer a more convenient method of distribution, and better material variety. My machine produces a near-equivalent of FUD, so it tends to be a bit pricey for hobby stuff.

I'm definitely into spaceships, miniature games, and other such geeky things.
I may produce some quality 3D scale furniture (in some standard scales) for decorating scale models.
We'll see, I guess. Very Happy

EDIT:
Oh yes, I'm mostly using AutoCAD 2010 for 3D work. Trying to learn Rhino. Thinkng about Zbrush.
As long as it outputs STLs, I'll give it a try.

[Updated on: Thu, 15 November 2012 02:08 UTC]

Re: Greetings from Canada [message #56888 is a reply to message #56862 ] Thu, 15 November 2012 14:11 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
Welcome! You're assessment of the benefits of shapeways is correct. Hopefully soon, 3D printers will be household items. But each printer can only do a few materials at most.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com

Previous Topic:Hi Im new here
Next Topic:Hello Everybody!

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.