dragonfly!

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by 130962_deleted, Oct 25, 2012.

1. very happy with this print! took a couple of tries to get the wire size right but well worth it. modeled in groboto if you're interested. going to be using this as the basis for some sculptures.
    IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Nice work, I added your pics to your post as it will get more attention that way.

3. Tigermoth
    Tigermoth Member
    Nice work!
    I am very interested to try this program.
    I have read some people have problems with the learning curve/lack of tutorials available. How easily did you pick it up?

4. Screen shot 2012-10-25 at 9.48.07 PM.png thanks! honestly i found the learning curve to be pretty steep with groboto. from what i understand the development team is pretty small and they don't have much time to allot to documentation. however it is a pretty unique program and once you get the hang of it it is really fun to work with, and capable of making some very cool models. the flex form tools are very useful for manipulating and posing your creations.

i found these videos to be the most helpful: http://www.groboto.com/betamovies/index.html the devs also answer questions on their forums. i would definitely recommend this program, but be prepared to spend some time with it. also here is a shot of the dragonfly model as it appears in groboto. have fun!

5. Tigermoth
    Tigermoth Member
    Cheers ocb.
    Giving the trial a shot as we speak...yr right though, The ui is...uh, unique. So the tutorials are important!
    I like the potential it has though, as a bit of a subd/Modo hack, it seems to compliment this kind of modeling perfectly.
    Great price too!

6. 96635_deleted
    96635_deleted Member
    This is incredible!

7. Wow this looks really nice!
    Awesome work!
    Maybe a smaller version would be nice as a pendant or brooch?