Home » Shapeways » Official Announcements » Render Update!
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Render Update! [message #55436] Tue, 16 October 2012 13:04 UTC Go to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
If you attended Shapeways Live Yesterday, you heard about a Render update on the site. This fixed a lot of stuff in the background that you'll not notice, but it did fix one thing that you should appreciate. Previously, color renders were limited in the number of colors displayed. This caused the render to not appear properly. Not good if your relying on that to see how your model will look when printed. Note that this fix is for the static image and not for the 3D render (in the works). So before you would have seen something like this
index.php?t=getfile&id=21757&private=0
To this! Look at that blue water and grey poptart cat!

• Attachment: colors.png
    (Size: 551.23KB, Downloaded 182 time(s))

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Render Update! [message #55440 is a reply to message #55436 ] Tue, 16 October 2012 13:15 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar virtox  is currently offline virtox
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Will this also fix the vertex color models?
Like this one http://www.shapeways.com/model/659848/ it has been "rendering" for quite some weeks now Wink

And dang missed the Live, will have to watch later.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/26175875

- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -
Re: Render Update! [message #55443 is a reply to message #55436 ] Tue, 16 October 2012 14:37 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
Right now, you'll have to reupload the model to take advantage of the update. Worth a shot to see if it fixed it.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com
Re: Render Update! [message #55453 is a reply to message #55436 ] Tue, 16 October 2012 18:32 UTC Go to previous message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Virtox,

I think so, looks good from here!

Shapeways Community Manager

Previous Topic:New Polished Colors Coming October 17th!
Next Topic:10/17/12 Update

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.