Hairline cracks in ceramics glaze?

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by 17828_deleted, Sep 29, 2012.

1. 17828_deleted
    17828_deleted Member
    I finally tried a ceramics print! It came in a bit smaller than I had hoped for, so I'll have to make it a bit bigger if I want to use it with a Nespresso machine at least....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

.. now the little cup looked just fine when I got it (I was actually very pleased, printed ceramics i super-neat!). No obvious damage to the packaging or the cup, but after I had used it for coffee, loads of hairline cracks in the glazing appeared:

[​IMG]

The outside of the cup also has these cracks, but they are less visible there. I've only used the cup once, and the cracks appeared straight away...

So my question would be; Is this to be expected from the ceramic prints?

I've not seen anyone posted pics of used ceramics (or perhaps they have, but their glazing hasn't cracked :p ), but have anyone experienced the same?

2. 27479_deleted
    27479_deleted Member
    Hi otjervaag,

I'm sorry this is happened, can you please sent me an E-mail to service@shapeways.com with the pictures + orderid attached.
    Than I'm going to sort this out for you!

Thanks already
    Cheers Maartje

3. 17828_deleted
    17828_deleted Member
    Thank you! Mail sent :)

4. 17828_deleted
    17828_deleted Member
    Well, needless to say, Shapeways have some very good customer service, and they sorted the whole thing out :)

.. now back to the drawing board to make the cup bigger :p

5. Mstyle183
    Mstyle183 Member
    was this an issue with the print or the model?

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    There was an issue with the glaze, that is resolved now.