Home » Community » It arrived! » Hairline cracks in ceramics glaze?
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Hairline cracks in ceramics glaze? [message #54633] Sat, 29 September 2012 10:07 UTC Go to next message
avatar otjervaag  is currently offline otjervaag
Go to all my models
I finally tried a ceramics print! It came in a bit smaller than I had hoped for, so I'll have to make it a bit bigger if I want to use it with a Nespresso machine at least....

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8176/7922317982_76d83d6c66.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8459/7922505934_24b6b994e6.jpg

.. now the little cup looked just fine when I got it (I was actually very pleased, printed ceramics i super-neat!). No obvious damage to the packaging or the cup, but after I had used it for coffee, loads of hairline cracks in the glazing appeared:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8317/8035232453_79d16ae388.jpg

The outside of the cup also has these cracks, but they are less visible there. I've only used the cup once, and the cracks appeared straight away...

So my question would be; Is this to be expected from the ceramic prints?

I've not seen anyone posted pics of used ceramics (or perhaps they have, but their glazing hasn't cracked Razz ), but have anyone experienced the same?
Re: Hairline cracks in ceramics glaze? [message #54655 is a reply to message #54633 ] Sun, 30 September 2012 14:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar maartje  is currently offline maartje
Go to my shop
I work here
Hi otjervaag,

I'm sorry this is happened, can you please sent me an E-mail to service@shapeways.com with the pictures + orderid attached.
Than I'm going to sort this out for you!

Thanks already
Cheers Maartje
Re: Hairline cracks in ceramics glaze? [message #54682 is a reply to message #54655 ] Sun, 30 September 2012 22:03 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Thank you! Mail sent Smile
Re: Hairline cracks in ceramics glaze? [message #54711 is a reply to message #54682 ] Mon, 01 October 2012 20:55 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
Well, needless to say, Shapeways have some very good customer service, and they sorted the whole thing out Smile

.. now back to the drawing board to make the cup bigger Razz
Re: Hairline cracks in ceramics glaze? [message #55225 is a reply to message #54711 ] Thu, 11 October 2012 20:06 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Mstyle183  is currently offline Mstyle183
Go to my shop
was this an issue with the print or the model?
Re: Hairline cracks in ceramics glaze? [message #55226 is a reply to message #54633 ] Thu, 11 October 2012 20:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
I work here
There was an issue with the glaze, that is resolved now.

I learned a long time ago the wisest thing I can do is be on my own side, be an advocate for myself and others like me. -Maya Angelou
michael@shapeways.com Community Advocate

Previous Topic:Twisty burr puzzle
Next Topic:xmas ornaments for family

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.