Home »  » Shapeways Shops » my shop doesn't show up
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
my shop doesn't show up [message #54623] Fri, 28 September 2012 22:41 UTC Go to next message
avatar zero_hour  is currently offline zero_hour
Go to my shop
I have created a product and a shop but cannot get either to show up for the general public. I have categories and keywords set (miniature, vehicle, starship, etc) I've done everything i can think of to make my shop available, but nothing shows up regardless of my searches.

0 hr: art & technology ( 0-hr.com )
Re: my shop doesn't show up [message #54727 is a reply to message #54623 ] Tue, 02 October 2012 03:13 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar NimlothCQ  is currently offline NimlothCQ
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Ki_Ryn,

I can see your shop both while logged in and logged out. Your forum post links your shop, here: http://www.shapeways.com/shops/0hr

In the shop I can see an item (http://www.shapeways.com/model/675476/0-hr-jo-lynn.html), also both logged in and out.

I have attached a screenshot of my search for "0hr". It seems everything is working as intended now, can you confirm that you are still having an issue? Also, to note, due to the way we index the site, there might be delays between updating/saving settings and models and them propagating around the site.

Cheers,

Christopher Carter

• Attachment: 0hr.jpg
    (Size: 218.93KB, Downloaded 29 time(s))

Christopher Carter
Senior Audience Experience Manager, Shapeways
Re: my shop doesn't show up [message #54728 is a reply to message #54727 ] Tue, 02 October 2012 03:52 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Maybe I'm just not understanding the search mechanism. I would think that if I did:

Discover >> Miniatures >> Sci Fi

and set the Sort filter to "Newest", that my product should show up somewhere in the first several pages (before the various other products that were on the site before I created mine). I'm not seeing it (on any page) though I believe I set all of the keywords correctly.

Re: my shop doesn't show up [message #54730 is a reply to message #54728 ] Tue, 02 October 2012 04:18 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Ki_Ryn,

Using the settings you described, I can see your model listed in one of the later pages both in SciFi here: http://www.shapeways.com/gallery/miniatures/scifi?sort=newes t&s=144

and in Vehicles here: http://www.shapeways.com/gallery/miniatures/vehicles?sort=ne west&l=36&s=108

We get a large volume of models on a daily basis. It's possible that your model jumped some pages back because a whole bunch of models finished processing within a re-index cycle.

I'm not sure what else to say : > Did the links work for you?

Kind regards,

Christopher Carter

• Attachment: 0hrScifi.jpg
    (Size: 296.11KB, Downloaded 32 time(s))

Christopher Carter
Re: my shop doesn't show up [message #54772 is a reply to message #54730 ] Wed, 03 October 2012 03:46 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Must have been a combination of a delay showing up (so it wasn't in the first few pages right after I made it available) followed by a deluge of new material (so it moved further back than I thought possible once it did show up).

I would have sworn I looked back through more pages than that, but either way - I see it now. Thanks for the help.

Re: my shop doesn't show up [message #54773 is a reply to message #54772 ] Wed, 03 October 2012 06:07 UTC Go to previous message
Go to all my models
I work here
Glad everything worked out in the end Smile Don't hesitate to give us a poke if you come across other things you think are bugged/broken, etc!

Christopher Carter

Previous Topic:Same STL model file, different 3D printed model?
Next Topic:Ring Sizes

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.