Home » Community » It arrived! » Prometheus Ampule Vase
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Prometheus Ampule Vase [message #51623] Fri, 20 July 2012 19:14 UTC
avatar mygadgetlife  is currently offline mygadgetlife
Go to my shop
This is my first attempt with ceramics. I played a bit fast and loose with the design rules, and that didn't work out so well is some regards (see below), but otherwise it's great!

I took inspiration from the alien ampules as seen in Ridley Scot's Prometheus, and as such I chose matte black ceramic to try and evoke the look of the film.

I imagined what it might look like with the lid opened, revealing what lay within. Unlike the movie artefacts, my ampule has a void inside, making it a small vase.

And it is small, measuring just 10cm tall and 4cm at its widest. Some of the walls are <4mm thick. I half expected customer service to call saying it was unprintable!

What didn't turn out? Well I guess I should have known, but the alien inscription down one side is hardly legible. I'll remove that before putting it up for sale.

Here are some pics:

index.php?t=getfile&id=18736&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=18738&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=18740&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=18741&private=0

• Attachment: ampule1.jpg
    (Size: 30.88KB, Downloaded 335 time(s))

• Attachment: ampule2.jpg
    (Size: 40.54KB, Downloaded 345 time(s))

• Attachment: ampule3.jpg
    (Size: 56.01KB, Downloaded 337 time(s))

• Attachment: netfabb cut-away.png
    (Size: 52.62KB, Downloaded 333 time(s))

mygadgetlife.blogspot.co.uk

Previous Topic:Minecraft meet the reality.
Next Topic:Looney Gears by OSKAR & ANDREAS

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.