Home » Community » It arrived! » Tiny cars with open doors and turning wheels, as seen on blog.objet.com
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Tiny cars with open doors and turning wheels, as seen on blog.objet.com [message #50365] Tue, 26 June 2012 05:00 UTC Go to next message
avatar David Sun  is currently offline David Sun
Go to my shop
Hello 3D-printing World!

As seen on Objet blog, you now can buy these tiny cars!
index.php?t=getfile&id=17947&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=17948&private=0

The one shown in Objet's last year video are also avalable for download and purchase!
index.php?t=getfile&id=17949&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=17950&private=0

Let me know what you think.
Thank you.

David Sun

Re: Tiny cars with open doors and turning wheels, as seen on blog.objet.com [message #50369 is a reply to message #50365 ] Tue, 26 June 2012 09:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Dragoman  is currently offline Dragoman
Go to my shop
Cool!

And you don't even need FUD for it!

Greetings
Karl Heinz
Re: Tiny cars with open doors and turning wheels, as seen on blog.objet.com [message #50386 is a reply to message #50365 ] Tue, 26 June 2012 15:17 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Maethius  is currently offline Maethius
Go to all my models
Okay.... wow. Very Happy
Re: Tiny cars with open doors and turning wheels, as seen on blog.objet.com [message #50585 is a reply to message #50365 ] Fri, 29 June 2012 12:14 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar crsdfr  is currently offline crsdfr
Go to all my models
ProJet see's your Tiny Objet Car and raises you Super Tiny ProJet Car.

Original Objet Size on left (Vero White HD Mode), ProJet versions middle and right (EX200 XHD Mode).

And yes, wheels work perfectly Cool

index.php?t=getfile&id=18077&private=0

• Attachment: DSC_0771.JPG
    (Size: 188.39KB, Downloaded 334 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 29 June 2012 12:22 UTC]

Re: Tiny cars with open doors and turning wheels, as seen on blog.objet.com [message #50593 is a reply to message #50585 ] Fri, 29 June 2012 14:16 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go to my shop
Thank you. This is a great news. It means my design works! Could you kindly add some comments and rate my models? Please Smile

Fun aside, I like to learn more about ProJet. Does ShapeWays owns one? If so, which material is it? My dream of tiny 3D world just shrink to micro world!

Sunny D
Re: Tiny cars with open doors and turning wheels, as seen on blog.objet.com [message #50594 is a reply to message #50593 ] Fri, 29 June 2012 14:47 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Shapeways may or may not own a ProJet, a lot of models are produced by Production Partners - the materials you seek are Frosted Detail (FD) and Frosted Ultra Detail (FUD) - FUD is awesome for tiny scale models Smile

Re: Tiny cars with open doors and turning wheels, as seen on blog.objet.com [message #50628 is a reply to message #50594 ] Fri, 29 June 2012 21:45 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stannum  is currently offline stannum
Go to my shop
Shapie Expert
Unless something have changed and they forgot to update the provided info, SW uses a different material for the Projet, and different settings for the Projet and the Objet, than crsdfr mentions/shows.
Re: Tiny cars with open doors and turning wheels, as seen on blog.objet.com [message #50657 is a reply to message #50365 ] Sat, 30 June 2012 22:15 UTC Go to previous message
Go to my shop
Thank you for the info.
FYI, I modeled a special version of the car and sent it over to Objet. Ultalizing Objet's Connex multi-material printer, the new model car has rubbery tires and black color seats-- and still in tiny 2cm scale with all mechanical features! I got some priliminary samples and they look very cool! Stay tuned for the official anouncement from Objet...

Sunny D

Previous Topic:Amour Fou Pendant
Next Topic:Toroidal Half 120-Cell

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.