Five New Rings

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by MichaelMueller, Jun 18, 2012.

1. MichaelMueller
    MichaelMueller Well-Known Member
  2. 96635_deleted
    96635_deleted Member
    Wow, nice work!!

3. Very nice and lovely! Well done :)
    Dario

4. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    I don't know about it getting smoother but my last order needed considerable cleaning. I have one model that I frequently order and it has lettering on it - the last two models had a lot of bits of that corn whatever used to clean it stuck in many places. Very laborious to clean out with a jewellers pick. Now, I can live with that, but what about any customers who order it? Doesn't look good on me or Shapeways.

Was not a problem in the past and I'm hoping that was just a one time occurrence.

Oh, yes, I also never order rings in gold-plate any more. It comes off over time and looks like crap.

Glenn

5. MichaelMueller
    MichaelMueller Well-Known Member
    Hi Glenn,
    I had one ring that has to be cleaned, too. I thought this was cause of the bronze finishing. I agree, this shouldn't happen but it was no big deal for me.
    You are right, the gold material always looks a little bit cheap but I found it still worth the price. Massive gold would look certainly better. I think i.competitive service.com is offering it but I don't think they sell it a lot cause the price is massive too, I guess. ;)
    I really love the standard stainless steel material shapeways is offering.