When will "rush service" be offered?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 103675_deleted, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Hi All -

I am a freelance sculptor and I have been using local services due to the fast turnaround - I would rather use shapeways - But cant wait the 2 weeks for a prototype every time - When will Rush Services start?

2. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Hey tylerh,

While Shapeways isn't likely to offer rush service anytime soon, you will likely be seeing improvements to our overall lead times. The reason for this is Shapeways is working on creating an incresingly high functioning, low cost network for 3D printing and in order to do that, we need to take lots and lots of orders, and examine what we need to do to get them produced and sent to your doorstep faster.

Since we're looking to serve a large audience, we can't really do fast turnaround at the same speed that your local RP shop can. But hopefully as lead times continue to come down, and we continue to offer great prices, you'll be able to come to us for some of your projects. :)

Hope that helps,
    Ana

3. Ana,

I know I'm late to the party here, but just FYI: I would gladly pay 1.5-2x the current price of your products for a rushed job (from order to delivery in 5-6 working days) if it were available. I'm sure I'm not alone.

I know that this flies in the face of your business model, but this could be some serious dough you folks are missing out on!

Cheers,
    mhayes

4. mctrivia
    mctrivia Well-Known Member
    put your request on feedback.shapeways.com

5. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    @mhayes, noted! Please feel free to share that Uservoice request among the community to try and gain as many votes as you can.

@mctrivia thanks buddy!