Stickers/Cards ?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Whystler, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Whystler
    Whystler Member
    IDEA:

-Seller designs a graphic that fits on a sticker/label offered by Shapeways.
    -Shapeways prints out the sticker, and applies it to packages that have products created by the seller.

or...

-Seller designs a business card
    -Shapeways puts it inside packages that contain products designed by the seller.

Thoughts?

-Whystler

2. joris
    joris Member
    Whystler,

good idea: others have already asked for this. It would totally be possible to do this but I'm not sure yet how many designers would want this?

3. Whystler
    Whystler Member
    Oops, I didn't see it here before! I would be interested enough to print and send you the cards in the mail.

-Whystler

4. PeterHermans
    PeterHermans Member
    Good idea, if it is not too expensive.

I had an idea once to 3D-print business cards (still flat though, you want to be able to use/collect them as a regular business card) but it would cost ~7 cubic cm each (6*4*.3 cm) Nice, but expensive :).

5. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    I would use this feature.

A separate card would be excellent, but a customizable graphic printed on the packing slip would be better than nothing. I would use this and not complain.

6. pete
    pete Shapeways Employee CEO
    Hi,

let's say we would offer the option to include a custom card as a service, including printing the card etc.
    Would you be willing to pay for that?
    If so how much?

regards,
    Peter

7. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    I'll start the bidding at $.50.

8. Hoxolotl
    Hoxolotl Member
    The best would be to use transparent multicolor printed adhesive paper.
    Or just plain stickers on an A5 Format. Leave the cutting to people ordering the models.

I don't need it for the moment, but it certainly would be nice to have...
    Around 2.50$ a sheet would be acceptable for me.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009