Not informed about problems when printing

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by tebee, Aug 16, 2011.

1. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    When a model is rejected before printing we get an email from Shapeways to tell us this and a reverse invoice for the commission.

But I've recently had some FUD items fail during printing and the only reason I knew about it was because the customer told me about it ! He was refunded and my commission reversed and again I was not informed.

It would be good if the designer was also informed of these problems - do Shapeways internal procedures need to be updated?

Tom

2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    That is odd, normally you should at least get an email
    "Shapeways | Your model has been cancelled"

Usually comes with details and an attached credit note PDF for the markup.

Perhaps best to contact CS with all details.

3. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    It wasn't my order, it was a customers - would I still get that then ? I didn't think so, but I could be wrong.

Also noticed they don't seem to have flagged the model as unprintable as normal.

Tom

4. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Yes also in the case of customer order.

As this entails a "credit note" for the markup you earned but have to refund to Shapeways.

5. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    No I've got nothing from Shapeways to say my commission has been taken back although it's shown as refunded in the order overview.

They also seem to have refunded the entire order (and canceled by commission on it) even the parts that printed OK so my customer is quite happy as he got some for free .

Tom