Markups for us?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by Whystler, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Whystler
    Whystler Member

When we buy an item from our own shop, do we pay the markup, which then gets added to the profit Shapeways pays us? Or does the markup not apply when we buy?

Definately, it would make more sense if the application sensed who the creator of a piece is, and then did not apply the markup.

At the moment, when I order my pieces, I go in and change the markup to zero (just in case), buy the item, and then go back and change the markup to where it was before. This is a little messy, because at least once I have forgotten and left it without a markup.

I wonder if any sold while it had no markup? :)

-Whystler

2. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    That's also the way I do at the moment ...

Andreas

3. joris
    joris Member
    Andreas/Whysler,

Yes, that is the case I would reccommend that you buy the model while it is not in your Shop to avoid "paying yourself" and also of course incurring the Shop fee of 3.5%.

Joris

4. bvicarious
    bvicarious Member
    We can also upload the same file a second time and not mark it available to the shop, correct?

5. Whystler
    Whystler Member
    Thats a good idea Bvi

-Whystler

6. daddymack
    daddymack Member
    Yup, good workaround Mr Vicarious :beer:

7. joris
    joris Member
    True: thats way better than my solution.

Joris

8. Dalhimar
    Dalhimar Member
    Heres an idea, The markups, why not make it so you can set a base percentage markup in your settings, such as a 5%, now i know for some this is not a good idea, but for those just wanting to upload a model to their shop and not worry, then having a automatic markup system would be nice.

9. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    Today I wanted to order some of my pieces but stopped frustrated by setting my markup to zero, block it from ordering from outside, order all the items, ...
    Sorry but that problem is annoying ....
    Please search for a change !!!!
    (setting the markup to zero for owned items automatically by the order procedure should be possible)
    Andreas

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  10. BAROBA
    BAROBA Member
    An idea would be that shapeways mades another checkbox which asks if we want another not-visible version for personal use.
    This would eliminate the need to reupload the model again as a private model.
    I have no idea if this is a problem for shapeways when we have multiple versions of any model. It would save them some hard disk space.

11. coines23
    coines23 Well-Known Member
    In addition to a little shop here, I've got a PoD T-shirt shop elsewhere. Over there, it recognizes when I'm buying stuff from my own shop and it removes my markup automatically.

12. RalphVdB
    RalphVdB Well-Known Member CS Team
    Hi Guys,

we'll p ut this on our list, so that we can come up with a fix as soon as possible!