Shapeways Site Update 2011-06-23

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by barrys, Jun 23, 2011.

1. barrys
    barrys Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    Hi all,

we had a small update today.

- add ordernr and material to shop overview excel export
    - show model can not be bought on model detail page if volume equals 0
    - only choose default material if set, to prevent javascript warning

Best,

Barry

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Thank you so much! This will help me considerably.

The other two columns I'd ask for if they're in your database are model# and ship date.. but those are not ugent.. can wait for another day.

3. Magic
    Magic Well-Known Member
    Yes, Order Number (ordernr) are useful to understand if the set of models ordered the same day have been ordered by the same customer. It was already possible to see that from the pdf files, but not in the Excel file. Obviously customer name or at least customer ID number would be even more useful...

As Stonysmith said having the model number would help to do statistics because it happens that you change the name of a model, and it is then difficult to track the sales.

4. 28396_deleted
    28396_deleted Member
    @barrys

Ben left Shapeways last week and didn't reply to my email - can you look into an email i sent him? i had 2 co-creators whom i fulfilled which were not logged on the XSL file nor sent the next day Yippeee email.

Just now i thought i'd check the ordering/Personalize flow...

I believe the ordering flow is faulty - especially for first time visitors/newbies - customer hits the personalize button then asked to review his co-creator then hits the order button again but isnt redirected to his cart / a checkout page as he would expect and experienced on almost all e-commerce websites...
    - Instead he is stuck on the co-creator review page ... not been asked to continue shopping.. nor continue to a Checkout page...

Yes, a tiny counter on top of the page shows the number of items in his cart - but that's good for techies not for newbies - i think the flow should be - once he confirms the co-creator and hits the order button , he should be sent to his cart page where he can see a clear checkout button OR a button to continue shopping.

My 2c.

5. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Very useful additions to the report!

+1 on model nr

And I would also like to see time and country of customer if possible.

6. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Would it be possible for this spreadsheet to include my own orders? I don't know if they're even tracked because the markup is zero.