K6 Telephone Box - OO (1:76, 4mm) Scale

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by stop4stuff, Jun 21, 2011.

1. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    K6 Telephone Box - OO (1:76, 4mm) Scale

All seven parts laid out - there's seven parts to make painting easier - note the tabs on the sidewalls, these fit into corresponding gaps in the floor and roof.
    [​IMG]
    Large image here

Dry fit - everything fits together quite nicely, and the sides are straight after a soak in some hot water then laid on a flat surface.
    [​IMG]
    Large image here

Detail - The door handle has come out real good considering how small it is.
    [​IMG]
    Large image here

More photos over the next few days when the model is painted and assembled.

My K8 phone box also arrived with the K6, but unfortunately there was a part missing :(

2. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    Wow, one day I hope to have the skill to model pieces that are that tiny and still fit together properly. :)

3. Yes, well done. It is amazing how small it is yet it looks perfect. Is this printed in Ultra detail material?

4. stop4stuff
    Thanks ana & MoST.

Yes, the model is in FUD, the material is probably just about perfect for 1:76 scale modelling.

@ana, with FUD, I've found that if model parts fit together on the screen, they'll fit together once printed.

I also modelled the 1926 K2 phone box which is in the process of being painted (the inside is nearly finished).

Cheers,
    Paul

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  5. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    @Paul, if you're able to get a pic up of the phone booth assembled against a black background I'd love to feature it in Friday Finds tomorrow

6. stop4stuff
    I already started the painting process, but I can do an assembled model coated with with grey primer if that's ok?

7. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    That's fine. it'd be great to send the model some love, but I don't want to cause a lot of hassle for you in the process. If it's doable, go for it!

8. stop4stuff
    Is this ok? Crop as you see fit :)

p.s. the background is a T-shirt from New York that my neighbour bought back as a present for me last month, & my daughter will be visiting NYC in October with her school... I could do the phone box in a black New York ashtray too.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  9. 9694_deleted
    9694_deleted Member
    GREAT!

The shadow being cast looks really dramatic. I'll be sure to mention that it's just 3 cm. :)

10. 48132_deleted
    48132_deleted Member
    Now you just need the model of Superman jumping out of the booth in his tights ready to go!

If that is mm on the ruler then it is 35mm top to bottom?

11. stop4stuff
    :laughing:

Yep, that's mm on the ruler, all in all, the model is a tad under 35mm tall.

The painting side of things is going slow though.