Shapeways site update of March 17th 2011

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by barrys, Mar 17, 2011.

1. barrys
    barrys Shapeways Employee Dev Team
    Hi all,

we had a site update today. We released/fixed the following issues:

- Raise the triangle limit from 500k triangles to 1 million triangles. We also increased the available memory and processing time for some of the processing scripts to be able to handle models up to 1 million triangles. Note that the triangles are still counted after MeshMedic fixed/merged the shells, so the number of triangles could be higher than the original model.

- Added the tweet and like buttons to the shop pages and removed the ShareThis buttons there.

- Added an automatic URL shortener to all the shop and model pages (shpws.me)

- Fixed a bug on the resultpage of the site search. The shoplogos were not visible if the shopname differed from the shopuri.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    The upload page still says 500K limit.

3. Barry
    Barry Member
    Tnx, I changed that.

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    I just tried viewing a newly uploaded 808892 triangle model in 3D mode, the 3D view failed at 58% when parsing the model (~470k triangle mark)... is this related to the new increase in triangle uploads or does it mean my model may be dodgy?

5. barrys
    Hi stop4stuff,

can you give me the model id (and make it visible for me to try it), so I can take a look?

I tried the 3D viewer for a model with 994k triangles (but the shape is quite basic) just a moment ago and it worked.

Barry

6. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
  7. barrys
    I added an extra parameter in the jnlp of the 3dviewer, to prevent loading the model twice. That seems to help in this case. the model gets loaded fully (although on 57% it hampers a bit, but then continue).