Euro

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by noc146, Mar 8, 2011.

1. noc146
    noc146 Member
    My models will be primarily for the Euro area, definitely not the US.

Can I set the Euro for pricing? Will the Euro price not fluctuate as the currency goes up and down in relation to the dollar? I would rather have a set Euro price, since that is the currency I will be trading in.

Is there a way to do this? Many thanks.

2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Have you set your country on your account? Should show Euro's for Euro nations I believe.

3. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Everything is done in dollars in the background, payments you receive will be in dollars (at least by Paypal... another thing to check, direct euro bank transfers), etc. You can mail and ask for finance staff to give you past exchange rates, some time ago it was even posted in the forums. But otherwise, yes, prices will jump up and down periodically.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  4. noc146
    noc146 Member
    That's a pity. It means I cannot advertise my models properly elsewhere to build up sales (for Shapeways as well as myself) because I cannot set a fixed Euro price.

What if I advertise a model somewhere for €40.00, and next week, unknown to me, it changes on Shapeways to €41.50? I am going to look a bit silly. I really need control over my pricing, and I cannot be checking every day to see has the currency changed.

Surely the Euro is a rather important currency?

5. robert
    robert Member
    Yes we would like to add EUR support and remove the exchange rate.

It will come this year.

Best,

Robert

6. noc146
    noc146 Member
    Oh that would be great! It's not a major issue, but the first question people will ask is 'How much?' The answer at the moment will be €40 today, but perhaps €42 tomorrow. It would be nice to be more specific. So here's one vote for Euro support!

:)

7. robert
    robert Member
    Duly noted! :)