True Love Waits Rings

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by freakinhuge, Mar 4, 2011.

1. freakinhuge
    freakinhuge Member
    So after finally getting the parameters right for Shapeways to allow the rings to be printed, I finally got them in... The smaller of the two was warped and not circular. I conformed to all the rules with the 3mm wall thickness and all that stuff. I have seen a couple other rings on here come out egg shaped lately. Don't know what that means. Also looks like someone tried to vise grip it back to a circle without success giving the flat smooth spot on the apex part of the bend. The bigger of the two rings is fine though, but the text didn't come out as good as the last. :-\

Wall thickness: 3mm
    Height: 6mm & 7mm
    Material: Stainless Steal

Here's the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Customer doesn't want to sell these on Shapeways, so I will just leave it at that.

On a side note, Shapeways has started getting more strict about the wall thicknesses. I understand their reasoning, but at 3mm wall thickness for stainless steel rings, they tend to get gargantuan...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  2. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Good to know, but I hope they change that. Not exactly a "lady-like" size, and even some men would find that too large.

Glenn

3. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    By the new stainless rules rings can be 2mm. down to 1.5 if structurally sound

4. freakinhuge
    freakinhuge Member
    Yeah, too bad they wouldn't let me go that thin when I was making mine. Tried and tried. That's why they are 3mm :neutral:

5. Youknowwho4eva
    For your next print you can go down to .5 in silver!

6. baltimore
    baltimore Member
    They say you shouldn't go thinner than 1mm for silver for the ring band. it's not strong enough and casn snap when you silde it on your finger.

7. Youknowwho4eva
    You appear to be right sir. And the minimum appears to be .6mm.