Hello

Discussion in 'Newcomers Lounge' started by 1124098_deleted, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Hello All!

My Name is Danny and I am still a bit of a Noob to artistic modeling.

I am a Interdisciplinary Engineer and work with U.S Army research and development.

I am from Corpus Christi, Texas.

I am a tinkerer and enjoy making stuff. I am in the process of opening a business similar to Tech Shop.
    I mostly enjoy teaching and helping people. Not so much here because I am still a novice.

I recently create a versatile object that became a hit and can't keep up with the manufacturing.
    Sorry about being vague but I am still waiting for the provisional patent to go public.

I have Three 3D Printers and am using the profits to invest in more.
    I use Autodesk Inventor, Simplify 3D, Meshmixer, Design123, and Blender.

I am thinking of selling my items here but am not sure. I would like to provide my customers a greater quality product, for a decent price.
    I have seen the quality that is amazing but the prices are steep.

I am looking to see if there is someway to simplify manufacturing.

2. Sensaiku
    Sensaiku Well-Known Member
    Even if you have not receive a patent, you could make the model here and print it to check for the dimension and surface finishing. You can choose to not making the model public. you can either pay manufacturing service and sell it to yourself or choose to sell it in Shapeways once your patent application has been approve. :)

3. I have already been making them. I wanted to take the manufacturing burden off my back.

I have already sold close to 200.

Im pretty sure that shape ways can produce a better quality. The cost is a bit high for my customers.
    I charge 30 USD and to make one here on shape ways is 94.11 USD.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    It depends what you're making, and you could also modify it to fit the materials and their strengths.

5. Ray_Zhou
    Ray_Zhou Active Member
    That's great to hear. Danny
    You can sell it while waiting for the provisional patent? But why not sell it here?