Shapeways site update of September 14th 2010

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by 11539_deleted, Sep 14, 2010.

1. 11539_deleted
    11539_deleted Member
    Hi All,

I wanted to inform you that we had a release today.

Mesh Medic for color models
    The biggest feature of todays release is that we can now also use Mesh Medic for fixing color models !
    It took a while to get this feature completed, but it is here. Now Mesh Medic will also try to repair your color model if errors are found in it, like manifold issues. As with non-colored models, Mesh Medic will not be able to fix everything, but it will do it's best to get real close to that.

Bugfixes
    Besides this feature, we have released several bugfixes:
    [list type=disc]
    [*] With the previous release, the 'add to shop section' was accidentally removed from the product detail page. It is back now.
    [*] With the previous release, the 'model version' was accidentally removed from the product detail page. It is back now so model owners can see what model version is current.
    [*] For business users, VAT number is not mandatory for all countries anymore (not all countries that you are coming from use VAT numbers for businesses, this was a problem for some to register as business customer at Shapeways
    [*] The model validation error mails were sent with nobody (at) shapeways.com as return-path. This caused that sometimes these mails were marked as spam. Mails are now originating from service (at) shapeways.com.
    [*] The wrench icon indicating co-creator template was not shown when also a video icon was displayed. This has now been fixed.
    [*] We found an issue in parts of our forum where people were not receiving a notification of a new message in that forum. That has been corrected and notifications will now also work for the forums '3d modelers for hire' and '3d modeler needed'.
    [/list]

Kind regards, Arno

2. Tommy_2Tall
    Tommy_2Tall Member

Darn!

I was hoping that the update was related to the mysterious "big news" that was planned for the 13th according to the last newsletter. :)
    That same newsletter had "Silver" as the first word in the subject but never mentioned silver once in the message..
    Stop teasing us! :D

Oh.. btw.. I noticed that offline.php still says "Joris & Arno" at the bottom.
    An update to the "currently updating" page might be needed. ;)

3. The title of the last newsletter only contained "Silver" because it was the exact same title as that of the previous newsletter. Someone just forgot to change it.

Andy

4. Tommy_2Tall
    Tommy_2Tall Member
    Oh.. hehe.. I totally missed that :)

5. robert
    robert Member
    Sorry the big news is postponed until the 20th.

- Robert

6. Inlite
    Inlite Member
    Its the 20th!! :D

7. robert
    robert Member
    Hehe and again it is postponed until 23/9 or 24/9.

Sorry, but it is worth the wait! But maybe not what you expect it to be. :)

Best,

Robert

8. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Was there an update today? In the past I could hit the back button, and the forum would update the new posts that I've viewed or not. Today they stay lite till I refresh the page.

9. robert
    robert Member
    Nope. No update today.

10. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    It only happened for a short time then started acting properly. Probably something on my side