Christmas Tree Luminaries

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by CTackett, Nov 30, 2015.

1. CTackett
    CTackett Member
    Hi all! I've received my second set of Shapeways prints, my first being about a year ago when I tested out Shapeways' printing. Since then, I had an idea that really takes advantage of the texturing that the White Strong and Flexible material creates. These Christmas tree luminaries feel like a really good fit for the look. I'm extremely happy with the prints. They turned out even better than I hoped. I wasn't sure about how translucent the material was, but the light transmits quite well and looks great on the my Christmas tree. And if they do well, I'll probably come up with more designs for the line. They fit right over top the standard mini lights used on Christmas trees.

AngelGlow1.jpg

SnowmanGlow1.jpg

PineconeGlow1.jpg

Angel1.jpg

Snowman1.jpg

2. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    Oh I think I said something similar in your introduction thread, but I like these a lot. Translucency is one of the great aspects of WSF

3. Ontogenie
    Ontogenie Well-Known Member
    The pine cone is awesome! What a great idea for showing off the translucence of this material.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    How did I miss the pine cone before? I love that one!

5. CTackett
    CTackett Member
    I'm glad you guys like them! Does anyone know whether the full color sandstone is translucent as well? I'm trying to see if I can get some color into these as well and still be translucent.

6. katkinkead
    katkinkead Well-Known Member
    Wow!!! THese are so adorable! Great work :)