Could Shop owners request a new Porcelain Glaze/ Colour?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by 854573_deleted, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Here's some Espresso Cups, I've been designing. Going to send them off to be 3d Printed at Shapeways soon.

I would like to ask if Shapeways would allow us Shapeways Shop Owners to choose a new Porcelain Glaze / Color?

I personally would love to see a mustard or teal colour / glaze. (Something like in my 3d render below)
    And what about a pink colour? Let's girl these up :)

What do you all think?

Terry

Attached Files:

2. Andrewsimonthomas
    Andrewsimonthomas Well-Known Member
    We're always working on getting some new colors ready. It takes a bit to perfect the glaze recipes (and we've actually been continuing to tweak the ones we already have) but its good to know that you're looking to have some of these more pastel colors.

3. draw
    draw Well-Known Member
    I received my first white porcelain item and was surprised how thick the glaze is. Made the whole thing look a bit off and bumpy due to the small relative size of the thing. Could the white glaze be thinner to show more detail and have more consistent thickness? It's not like the underlying ceramic is a dark color and needs a thick, opaque white glaze to hide it.

Apparently there are other glaze colors that are thinner but since this is a pendant item white glaze is preferred to color match the unglazed back side. So I'm not sure what to do next with this type of thing. Go with thinner glazes and coat the back with a matching or complementary appliance epoxy paint? Stick with metals and plastics?

linky

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015