Pose-able Grimlock (Age of Extinction version)

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by cyy87, Jul 29, 2015.

1. cyy87
    cyy87 Member
    Hi guys,

I'm new here and here to share my current work.

I started this project after I heard about HASBRO + Shapeways new SuperFanArt. Knowing there will possibly be a Transformers fan art site, I decided to work on Grimlock, which I found iconic in the new movie.

I finished the model recently but sad to heard SuperFanArt had stopped. But still I submitted this guy to print, and see how it goes from there.
    Here's the 3D render of it, It should be able to pose like this if my joint design done right. Hope you guys like it :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. vfxguy
    vfxguy Member
    Looks great! Waiting to see it printed.

3. katkinkead
    katkinkead Well-Known Member
    WOAH! This is SUPER detailed! What material are you printing it in? I hope it passes all of the checking! I worry about some of those sharp edges :Z

Anyway, PLEASE post pics when it arrives! This is SO COOL

4. cyy87
    cyy87 Member
    Thanks guys!!

I just received the email, it passed the test, now on its way to me! :)
    I chosen strong and flexible plastic white, I think is ideal for its articulated joints.
    I am very excited for the result too, I been working on this 3D model for the past few months.

5. rolandgs
    rolandgs Member
    That looks awesome, can't wait to see it in print. Also very interested to hear about the workings/failings of the joints. Hope it all works out, but if it fails I think there is a lot to learn from this kind of project.

6. cyy87
    cyy87 Member
    Thanks! The joints are just simple 1-axis and ball joint, I am concern about the fitting and tightness. But yeah a test print result should tells a lot whether it works or not.

7. can you please up load or send me the grimlock 3d models as a obj file to me I just want the model to look at and have on my computer I really love this model and I cannot find it any where else