Product's Printability Updates for FUD say FED

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by tebee, Jun 9, 2015.

1. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    I've noticed that when models are successfully printed in FUD, the Product's Printability Update that comes through says "whatever the model is" is no longer First To Try in:
    Frosted Extreme Detail

Is this a bug or a feature?

Tom

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Since both 'materials' have the same design rules, then it SHOULD turn off FTT even if the model was only produced in FUD.

3. railNscale
    railNscale Well-Known Member
    It becomes an annoying feature.We get so many mails telling that ancient designs can now also be printed in FXD. This is like spam.
    Ofcouse, FUD prints can be printed successfully in FXD. So why does SW not fix this bug?

4. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Script is running!
    When we launched FXD, all models should have automatically been updated to Product if already been printed in FUD.

However for some reason this didn't happen to all models.
    We're currently fixing this, so models should now show up as Product in FXD :)

5. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Remember that models bigger than 50 × 50 × 200 mm do NOT pass the automated checks.

I have some models that didn't properly sync up in the initial phase, but I have several more models that are too large to fit the smaller bounding box.

6. So is there a solution to this yet for models with multiple parts that would otherwise fit individually? I've been out of the loop since May thanks to my new day job, but I'm now getting inquiries from customers about upgrading my parts from FUD to FXD, but the old models are too big the way they're grouped. Re-uploading models has yielded only one making it past the auto-checking process, but it looks like the rest of the models are not so lucky; it seems I just reset most of my products' printability for no good reason.

7. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Better upload to new model entries for testing this - according to theoriginal announcement thread for FXD the bounding box test was supposed to be mostly fixed with the check against original bounding box still being worked on at the time. Perhaps better to reply to rstargrove's post of May 4th near the end of that thread rather than reviving this mostly unrelated one here ?