Dollar - euro rate lost

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by railNscale, Jun 1, 2015.

1. railNscale
    railNscale Well-Known Member
    Hello,

On a monthly basis SW is updating the dollar - euro rating.
    This exchange rate used to be vivsible in the mark-up section. Now I can't find it. Where did it go? I really need to have this in order to update OUR euro pricelist.

Can you please add the actual euro-dollar rate that is valid?

Thanks,
    Maurice
    RAILNSCALE
    http://railnscale.com/

2. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Thanks Maurice,

I've reported it right away, sounds like a bug :)

Mitchell

3. kimberlylin
    kimberlylin Member
    Hey railNScale,

We temporarily removed the EUR exchange rate from the pricing tool after we introduced local currencies. We plan to add it back in subsequent iterations. In the meantime, if you need the exchange rate for EUR:

- May: 1 EUR = 1.1215 USD
    - June: 1 EUR = 1.0970 USD

Hope that helps,
    Kim

4. railNscale
  5. railNscale
    Hello,

And we are a month further without any change in this matter. How long does it take to get this useful function back on a professional website?

So again, please get the euro - dollar conversion rate back ion the website.

Regards,
    Maurice

6. kimberlylin
    kimberlylin Member
    Hi railNScale,

In the meantime, here is the exchange rate information for the month of July:
    1 EUR = 1.1189 USD

Kim

7. railNscale
    Hello SW,

MORE THAN TWO YEARS AGO you disabled the function dollar -> euro conversion rate. See above.

I asked you to solve this. When are you actually doing something about this?

Each month I have to calculate manually the dollar - euro rate you use.

It is a shame that SW lacks any kind of professionalism and customer support, as you greatly show here once again.

8. HenrikRydberg
    HenrikRydberg Shapeways Employee Design Team
    Screen Shot 2017-07-05 at 09.35.41.png
    The USD conversion number was removed when we introduced multiple currencies. Now, there's a drop menu above the pricing table that lets you directly view prices in an additional currencies. Does this help? Or could you describe your use-case a bit more?

9. railNscale
    Hello Henrik,

The dollar -euro conversion is needed to communicate euro prices to our customers. This rate has 4 digits behind the comma. The shown example is too cheap to establish the correct conversion rate.
    Therefore I made a huge 'gold' model to calculate the conversion price. But this is not the correct way, because it costs unneccessary time.
    I'd like to see the functionality backa s was before. So in plain numbers: dollar -> euro rate.

Can you please fix this? I've addressed tghis matter more than 2 years ago, and SW told me it would be solved. It dodn't happen.

Regards,
    Maurice (who spends far too much time doing all sorts of work arounds to keep the shop proper and running and therefor wants a quicker and better interface, because this really limits the expansion of our shop which is not in our mutual interest)