Renders not generating for a Model

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by AmLachDesigns, Aug 21, 2014.

1. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  2. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    I fixed your link, the period was included in your html code. Have you tried turning on materials? Also you don't have a category selected, thought that was required to share a product? But after deleting the period I can see it.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  3. AmLachDesigns
    Ok...

And the Renders?

4. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    I wonder if they are creating renders for "for sale" models only (or preferentially) for now.

5. AmLachDesigns
    By George I think you've got it!

Set the Model to be for sale, and asked for renders to generate. Then set one material to be available and that render now seems to be loading.

What a blinking palaver...

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Doh! They even made it a link so it's blue and sticks out. I saw this before, but thought it generated all of them anyway...
    doh.png

7. AmLachDesigns
    I see it now, thanks.

I would say:
    a) I understand this from a resource perspective, but I think the renders should be generated when the 'Generate Renders' button is clicked, regardless;
    b) I don't think the link highlights it: the nature of the paragraph is too conversational, if something is worth noting separate it form the other text and highlight is properly e.g. Note:
    c) These pages are so cluttered and the navigation so bizarre, that I doubt anyone reads everything. Personally I am so happy when I finally find the little function I am looking for I get straight to business without reading every stray paragraph in sight (and in this case on the wrong side of the page).

8. Youknowwho4eva
    a) Noted
    b) Maybe if you hit generate, with no materials for sale, it should say No materials for sale. Or should say all materials for sale generated as a default.
    c) Make a suggestion post about how you'd like to see it!

9. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Order seems to be random, or more complex than for sale or public.

And just noticed that models that have color information are defaulting to WSF render. Bad choice of default.