Recover url of deleted shop

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by OnlineModeler, Aug 14, 2014.

1. OnlineModeler
    OnlineModeler Member
    Hello,

I recenly registered by logging in with my facebook account. I then decided to open a new shop. However, I then decided that I did not want to associate the shop with my facebook account and I created a separate user. I deleted the shop from the previous account, but now when I attempt to register the same url with my new account I get an error saying that "the shop url is already taken".

Is there any way to recover the url from a deleted shop?

Kind regards,
    Mattias

2. AmLachDesigns
    AmLachDesigns Well-Known Member
    Contact service@shapeways.com - they will be able to tell you a) if it is possible and b) how to do it if it is.

3. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Yeah Customer Service can arrange this for you :) (with a bit of help from our dev team)

Just let them know your old shop url :)

4. OnlineModeler
    OnlineModeler Member
    Great, thanks for the info; I will send an e-mail! :)

5. OnlineModeler
    OnlineModeler Member
    Customer Service responded that once the shop has been deleted there is no way to use the same url again.

Hopefully I'll learn one day not to be so hasty when configuring things. ;)

Kind regards,
    Mattias

6. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Edit:

No worries, we can handle this ;) I've asked our development team to remove the old url and asked the teamlead to talk to the agent who has replied your email.
    He was unaware of this process and I apologies for the inconvenience and confusion.

I'm out of office for 1.5 weeks (vacation to Japan) but will do my best to update you with more information before i leave.
    Hopefully our dev team will have your old shop url deleted on Monday or Tuesday so you can once again use that URL :)

Cheers,
    Mitchell

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  7. OnlineModeler
    OnlineModeler Member
    Thanks Mitchell, I appreciate it -- I know I'm new here, but you guys seem to be genuinely dedicated to supporting your users. :)

Cheers,
    Mattias

8. OnlineModeler
    OnlineModeler Member
    Hi, I didn't hear anything from the dev team so far. Should I expect that the url will be deleted at some point?

Kind regards,
    Mattias