Can I Check Wall Thickness offline using shapeways' tools

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by macouno, Jun 19, 2014.

1. macouno
    macouno Member
    Hi,

Ok... so I have a bunch of models I'm creating for a customer, and of course I check the wall thickness in my own software (blender). But shapeways checks are often just a little different... and... the website is not always fast .

I was wondering if the shapeways toolset for checking wall thickness can be made available offline... then I can check my models without uploading. That could save a lot of time.

For instance right now I've been waiting 20minutes for the wall thickness check for ceramics in shapeways system... time best spent doing something else... but I need to get my models out asap.

2. macouno
    macouno Member
    Actually...

I have three models that say "loading" for ceramics wall thickness check for 4hrs now... maybe I did something wrong? That's one reason it'd be nice to do this offline... then it's just me ;)

3. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
  4. macouno
    macouno Member
    Thanks... I know... And I'm sure it's possible but I'm also sure you can create a model that passes the chech in netfabb and fails for shapeways. That's why an offline shapeways chech would be nice.

5. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    Maybe the checking software it is made to run on a server not a local PC ?! And have some NDA on it ?...

6. macouno
    macouno Member
    Small update... I'm still waiting (over 12hrs now) for the shapeways wall thickness check to show me whether or not the models pass ceramics checks...

7. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    That sounds strange.
    Could you share the model ID (the number you see in the URL of your web browser).

This way I can have it re-processed, cause it sounds like it stopped for some reason.

8. macouno
    macouno Member
    I sent you a PM,

I'm really curious to hear whether you can find out what the issue is... I've had this happen a lot with my models (getting stuck on ceramics).