suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by ivanf, Jan 22, 2014.

1. ivanf
    ivanf Member
    Hi,

some suggestions

1) publish suggestions filed under soon, someday and never.

I'm sure a lot of the stuff that I'd like to suggest has already been suggested. Presumably somewhere in shapeways there is someone who reads the suggestions and collates them and it gets fed into the design process for the site. If this info was published it would make it easier to "me too" some stuff and read why some stuff won't happen without starting another thread. And eagerly anticipate the stuff that is being done.

the following may well have all been discussed.. ( In which case see suggestion 1 :)

2) rejections - rules

This time last year I had a model rejected and on review with CS it was accepted. Same kind of issue this year and it was rejected after a long conversation as the part in question was now considered a wire and not a wall. The person I spoke to mentioned a 5:1 ratio... in the big rejection thread mitchell mentioned 2:1... Clearly sometime in the last year the rules changed. ( Or "the interpretation of the rules" - which amounts to the same thing - changed)

There is no definition of when something is a wire and when it's a wall on the guidelines page. ( Like there isn't a definition of when it's a wall and when it's a detail. ) But clearly rules are being applied internally and it would help if what these "how to interpret the rules" guidelines were published. Even if they do change. Them changing without any notification was the biggest part of the problem.

3) rejections - fud - startup fees.

I do small models mostly where the handling fee for fud outweight the cost of material by a large margin. Single model 5 eu, 4x = 7 eu. So I'll do a batch of models in a single file, say 10... and save about 35eu on the price. Then put them in my shop signly and probably in a set. Results in each model being validated multiple times. If the handling fee were applied at the order level, not the individual model level there would be less models from me to validate. From what I've read around the forum I'm not alone in doing this. Less work for the validators has got to be a good thing.

4) shop - workflow

I'd like to be able to put all the info on my model even if it's not for sale so I can do everything when I upload the model and just have to twang the make available to sell button. I'd also like to be able to put not for sale models in my shop in a coming soon area.

5) shop - keywords download

It's a bit of a pain to go through every model to check they have the right keywords on - a downloadable report would be really handy.

6) designed ego pandering

Some sort of flag so when CS reply to my emails they know I'm not a noob who would benefit from the netfab tutorial. It just adds another day or so into the conversation getting the point accross that this isn't my first model.

Regards,

Ivan.

2. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    If you are talking about Shop Sections (rather than tags), then the CSV Markup Wizard has what you need.

3. ivanf
    ivanf Member
    I wasn't but if I'd thought of it I would have been... :) Useful to know... Thanks.