Email issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Bathsheba, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Bathsheba
    Bathsheba Well-Known Member
    I no longer receive emails about print rejections, or about private messages. I've whitelisted Shapeways in my mail setup, and have never had any trouble corresponding before.

Anyone else see this? I wrote to service a couple days ago but haven't heard back.

2. Not good-- can you email me and we'll troubleshoot? kate @ shapeways

3. 377234_deleted
    377234_deleted Active Member
    Same here since Oct. 26th.
    I have sent many emails to customer service for several days, but never heard back.

Joe.

4. Wahtah
    Wahtah Well-Known Member
    If you need more test cases:

- I haven't had a forum "New topic" notification after 23 oct, I am subscribed to "It arrived" and "General discussion", so that's usually a few mails a day.
    - Also no notifications of "New reply to" to topics I have replied to when there should have been some last week
    - I am still receiving "New private message" notifications and newsletters
    - Can't say anything about sales and rejections, I'm not selling that much :confused

I've looked in my junk folder, service@shapeways is in my contact list, I have been receiving topic notifications for three years. I have tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing.

I'm using hotmail.com, with wlemaire in front of it...

As a web developer I feel your pain and am glad I've never had to deal with sending the amount of mail you are sending :)

5. sparkle
    sparkle Member
    Could be unrelated to this issue, but I just signed up for the site today and didn't get the activation email (or retry attempt). Placed an order and did not receive anything for that, either. Since I run my own mail server I poked around the logs, but there are are no connections attempts from your mail server(s?) at all. Even double checked if autofill has entered the wrong address, but it hadn't. If this hasn't already been resolved, you might want to have someone look into it.

Edit: Emails finally arrived five or six hours after they should have been sent.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  6. bartv
    bartv Member
    @Wahtah: how are the notifications now? Please note that we've stopped sending out the 'New Topic' notifications as they generated an *insane* amount of mail and the open rate was horribly low. The others should run fine now.

@sparkle: HMmm, that's odd. Are you still experiencing this?

7. - I haven't had a forum "New topic" notification after 23 oct, I am subscribed to "It arrived" and "General discussion", so that's usually a few mails a day.
    Sorry, we had to stop sending these for the time being. As Bart said, they were causing serious issues for us.

- Also no notifications of "New reply to" to topics I have replied to when there should have been some last week
    Known bug last week, but should be working again. If you don't see an email after I post this reply, perhaps you've unsubscribed from that in your email preferences? Check "Forum message & reply notifications" on www.shapeways.com/settings/email

Also there was a known issue with service@ emails from 11/9 to 11/11, but we identified which emails got caught and resent them. If we somehow missed your message and you are still waiting on a response, please kindly forward your email to service@shapeways again and they will get back to you within 12 hours :)

Thanks for all of your reports of issues and your patience! Back to the whack-a-mole that managing email is ;)

8. Wahtah
    Wahtah Well-Known Member
    Okay, that explains it then! I'll miss the new topic messages, I guess I was the 1%, but no problem, I'll check the forums manually.

I did receive the "new reply" messages for your replies and some before, so that is working fine again. I have also received a few "Yippee" messages.

thanks for your replies,

Wouter