Dorus the Dragon and Manus the Minotaur

Discussion in 'My Shapeways Order Arrived' started by macouno, Oct 9, 2013.

1. macouno
    macouno Member
    They arrived quite a while ago, but I hadn't taken pictures yet...

Dorus can be found here: http://shpws.me/oLlX
    Manus is here: http://shpws.me/oGNO

They are the best of friends! So they should really go as a pair :)

Dorus-and-Manus-close-shapeways.jpg

Dorus-and-Manus-shelf-shapeways.jpg

Dorus-and-Manus-small-shapeways.jpg

I'm really happy with the models... but they both already have been damaged a bit... I hope the full colour sandstone gets a more durable finish sometime!!

2. numarul7
    numarul7 Well-Known Member
    They blend(er) good! :)

3. bartv
    bartv Member
    Ah, I didn't know Dorus has a friend! I guess I'll have to get Manus printed as well, as Dorus is now always alone on my desk :)

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Get yourself some Glaze Coat. 2 part resin. experiment on some sample pieces first to work on getting the consistency right.

5. macouno
    macouno Member
    Thanks guys,

Bart: yeah I made him a while ago already... I actually have an idea to make it a threesome, but having a hard time coming up with the right name... especially since it'd be best if it were an old dutch name ending with us ;) G**us the Griffin? I'm not sure yet!

Youknowwho4eva: For me to do finishing myself isn't the best idea really... I was the guy in art school who consistently had fingerprints on all his works! So maybe that's better left to shapeways to figure out... full colour has been here for a while... I'd expect there to be multiple good options by now ;)

6. Wahtah
    Wahtah Well-Known Member
    Kobus the Kraken? ;)

7. macouno
    macouno Member
    Wahtah: Awesome! I may have to do that one... though... perhaps a bit difficult with the style... an octopus/giant squid doesn't necessarily have the characteristic feet ;)

8. SavIsSavvy
    SavIsSavvy Member
    These are awesome! Great work!

9. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Just out of curiosity, what sort of wear and tear did they get to incur damage?

10. macouno
    macouno Member
    You know... things fall sometimes... not from great heights... but.. with this material even a tiny drop results in damage. And handling them is dangerous... I show them to people, and they all want to touch... If you show it to 10 people you're sure to have damage (someone will scratch it with a nail)