Shop sections

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Freakazoitt, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Freakazoitt
    Freakazoitt Well-Known Member
    Why there is no RENAME option in shop sections? It's so time consuming to delete section, make another with new name and add stuff there again one-by-one

2. pticawr
    pticawr Member
    As an extension to this, making it easier to work with sections:
    1. By allowing the sections to be assigned to any product - whether or not a product is visible or for sale.
    2. Move the selection drop down from the bottom of the page so that it is near the Categories and Tags.
    3. Allow a default section to be selected so that when visiting the shop it will always start on that section (instead of displaying everything - which may be inconvenient if selling product sets with multiple parts).

3. bartv
    bartv Member
    Thanks! I'll be adding these to our internal suggestions list. I'm not sure that idea 2. is still relevant, now that we've redesigned the product page?

Bart

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  4. pticawr
    pticawr Member
    Re: Idea 2
    I'm referring to the Edit Details page which currently shows the Shop Section selection drop down at the very bottom of the page - it took me a long time to find it. I would expect it to be near the Category/Tag selection.

5. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    +1
    Shop sections should be above the prices.

6. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    New layout seems to love up and down scrolling, with lots of side space wasted in every item and around the center column. Telling people to use a wide screen but rotated?

Shop section could go to the right of categories. The "public" and "for sale" toggles could go side by side. And include the "allow downloads" and "co-creator" controls in the same box too, they are all about what the item is/allows or not. Some controls have "update" button, others have none so guess how it works.