Need help on Automatic rescale failure

Discussion in 'My Work In Progress' started by 370025_deleted, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Automatic rescale failed. Model is not within acceptable bounds in mm (0.00002 x 0 x 0), inch (0.0006 x 0 x 0), or meter (0.02358 x 0 x 0).

The above is the automated response that I received. I'm trying to get this brick wall to print laying on its back rather than standing up. It uploads no problem while standing. I feel that it will print better on its back. I have another one that I was messing around with and that was positioned on its back automatically or maybe I changed the dimensions accidentally. Hopefully someone can help me solve this issue.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  2. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
    Upload the stl file as millimetres. There are a few thin walls in your model. see image. It may be rejected.

Although the wall is now laying on it's back. There is no guarantee that Shapeways will print it this way.

adamb86.png

Attached Files:

3. Thank you very much. I appreciate it. It's going to be printed in FUD and I have uploaded them standing with no issues. I have several variations with the same concept and all uploaded. Are you saying that it may get rejected even though they pass the automated approval step?

4. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member
  5. I believe that I stayed above the minimum wall thickness. I hope it works out.

I have one more question, say I put a hole in one of these walls and want create an object insert it separately, what is the minimum clearance you would use? Both printings will be in FUD.

Thank you.

6. JACANT
    JACANT Well-Known Member