3D Preview Doesn't Match Picture Preview

Discussion in 'Materials' started by BrainDraw, Mar 31, 2013.

1. BrainDraw
    BrainDraw Member
    It took me a while to get my textures to show correctly uploading an X3D with my images (.png) included all in a .zip

The first preview picture looks how my project should but the 3D preview differs.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/1005285/

I'm using blender 2.66a on osx lion, thanks.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  2. BrainDraw
    BrainDraw Member
    It's been almost two weeks with no response :confused

3. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Known problem, covered in several threads here - if the static image is correct, all should be well.

4. BrainDraw
    BrainDraw Member
  5. mkroeker
    The tutorial naturally concentrates on things that might go wrong due to errors in the model data
    or wrong choices made during upload. (Also I am not sure how current it is with respect to error
    messages returned etc).
    The 3d preview issue has been acknowledged here and there has not been a corresponding entry in one of the semi-regular site update notices over in the "official announcements" forum as far as I know.
    (Of course it cannot hurt to check your vrml/x3d files with meshlab or a vrml/x3d viewer)

6. BrainDraw
    BrainDraw Member
    Okay thanks for all the great info! I have one more question. I want to print my model in colored sandstone, its size is: cm: 0.8 w x 0.9 d x 0.8 h. It says it cost .75 per cm^3 but the cost comes out to 3.34. Also the shipping is more than 3.00 like it says, its 6.50 and I live in the US, so my total is 9.84.. Why is this?

7. mkroeker
    The $3 "handling fee" stated on the materials page does not refer to shipping, it is the base price for "colored sandstone" models.
    Shipping costs for various regions are listed in the Shipping link on the bottom of the website - these are independent of the size of your order. So while the $6.50 is the cheapest you can get (I pay $9.50 for what is probably a much smaller distance), it would certainly be more efficient for you to order several small pieces together, once you are confident that your designs print correctly.