Back light signage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 326393_deleted, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Hello,

My question is regarding material thickness and translucency. I have drawn a sign in Solid Works which has raised letters. I want to back light the letters with LEDs so they stand out. I initially set the wall thickness at .005". After doing some reading this is probably not printable. I have sent a message to William the materials engineer and thought this would be a good place to ask as well.

I plan on using WSF for the sign.

Is there anyone with experience or knowledge of a project? At what thickness is the material not able to pass light.

Thanks.

ON CALL.jpg

2. Interesting application of WSF. I would use the minimum wall thickness of 0.7mm where you want light to shine through and something around 1.5mm in the opaque areas. Like with most materials, the thicker you make WSF the less light will shine through.

3. Mhagan,

Thank you for the info. The LEDs will by high luman so hopfully a glow will be seen. A gentleman i work with is often interupted while on the phone. This will eleviate the problem hopefully. It will be used in conjunction with a tilt swith on the handset lifter. Call comes in, wireless headset activated, hook lifted tilt swith circuit completed ...Presto.

I appreciate your input.