Ideas For Desktop buddy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 320516_deleted, Mar 7, 2013.

1. I was searching and was disappointed that I didn't see any models or figurines thats sits on your desktop screen.
    My suggestions are :
    Link (from Zelda)
    Anime Characters
    Pokemon Characters
    Assassins Creed Altair
    Resident Evil Monster/Characters

And Many More!!

Post some more to let someone know!!! :D

2. m_sill
    m_sill Member
    Hi there,

I actually created a desktop buddy about a year ago or so. http://shpws.me/lreZ It is for sale if you're interested. Unfortunately, even though you're suggestions are awesome, I believe what you mentioned would fall under copyright infringement. (Would someone else care to clarify if that's correct?)

Cheers,
    M_Sill

3. Didn't think that one through.... Isn't there a way perhaps to get the "ok" to make such things? :confused

4. Innovo
    Innovo Member
    Sure there is! It's called ''product licensing'' I believe...

5. Well with that as the route to go, million dollar idea right here. XD Maybe even add this to the pokemon franchise lol

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
  7. I see so even if you got the Product Licensing still can't do it... Even when if it was an original work of your favorite character?

8. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    If you have the rights to produce it, it's fine, as long as you abide by any agreement you have with the owner. If the owner asks us to take it down, we take it down. And you assume all legal responsibility.

9. I see... So in other words its really up to the owner even when the owner permits you to create such things to sell there will be some issues either way? Then don't do it general is what I'm being lead to. TT_TT

10. FabMeJewelry
    FabMeJewelry Member
    You could use figurines that already exist after you made an agreement with the owner so he can take most of your earnings :cry:

But i think it would be way more fun to create your own figurine and make it a success so you can sell the Product Licensing of your figurine to some talented movie/game maker :eek:

3Dprinted figurines coming soon to theaters in 3D !