Shop Inventory Numbers Gone Crazy

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by PeregrineStudios, Feb 12, 2013.

1. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    Hey there Shapeways,

I think the 'Shop Inventory' section of the 'My Shop' page had a little meltdown or seizure.

When I go in Shop Inventory, the first product - first, mind you - is number '63'. There is no 1 through 62, 63 is the first number that shows up. The next products are numbers 87 through 93, and it then jumps again to product 123.

This, as opposed to 1, 2, 3, etc. As a matter of fact, I fixed it a couple days ago and manually renumbered my products to 1, 2, etc. I can't say when it switched back to crazymode, but it did at some point between then and now. Could we get this looked at, please? :)

2. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    I am not sure if the actual index value is supposed to stick?
    Does the order in which you place the models remain intact?

If so it could just be part of the chosen re-sorting algorithm, where it renumbers items to allow for manual sorting.

3. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
    The order I place the models in has remained intact... so far. However, last night an uploaded model placed itself at the beginning of the list, rather than the end.

I can only assume the index numbers are meant to stick, because for several months they have been. #1 remained #1 and so forth. It's just recently that all the numbers went haywire out of nowhere.

4. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    Hmmm mine skips 2 and 4, but then is right after that (at least on the first page) I'll report.

5. equilux
    equilux Member
    Do the inventory numbers include models that are not for sale? I suspect that the missing numbers belong to models which aren't for sale. I'd like to be able to change their order too.

6. Youknowwho4eva
    Youknowwho4eva Well-Known Member
    In my case, it listed items that aren't listed but are for sale. It's being looked in to. I think all items should be shown and numbered, and noted whether they are publicly visible or not.

7. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    Today I have taken a look on my shop inventory and got completely confused by the numbering:

Maybe I have missed a change on the user interface there.

1) The default view shows the models in another ordering then the shop inventory management? Strange. I would have expected to see the same ordering as in the shop view so that I can place the items in a new order which fits to my needs.

2) The shop inventory shows numbers 1, 2, 3 ... (maybe that has something to do with the topic above)

3) When I give a filter word then I oncemore get a list of items numerated 1,2,3 ....

=> and what happens if I change the numbering in case 2) and in case 3) since there were two different number schemes shown

4) I've reordered some items but the default view is still not affected?

Woody64